Tuesday 10 February 2015

Production Log 17

The production is finally over and completed!!

I personally feel my production was successful and the final result looked really like a film from the BSR genre. I feel like Eoin and I stuck to the main BSR conventions very well as we were making the production and were constantly aware of rules such as the 180Âș rule and the rule of thirds. The pre-production stages had its ups and downs but overall in the end the opening sequence turned out pretty good, and all the hard work payed off.

Overall I feel like I contributed equally with Eoin during all stages of production. I took Eoin's idea and together we both shaped and moulded it into something workable. I feel most of my input into the production was during the directing and editing stages even though we worked together. During the editing process my main input was vocal, as i told Eoin what I thought worked and didn't work, and voiced my opinions very clearly, which I feel made the production look less messy and more clean cut.

During the making of the production i feel Eoin & I got on really well, and if we had problems we always voiced them without arguing. This made the whole process a lot easier and he is a really good listener who always took into consideration my ideas and different ways to edit shots to form a good sequence. The fact that we could communicate well proves that communication is key when working with a group, and both our creative personalities came together to form a good opening sequence. 

I feel the strengths of making this production were:
  • A strong violent fight scene exploring the themes of violence which are typical of the genre.
  • Setting the key locations, by establishing shots, and the first 10 second opening montage of the surrounding area.
  • Also the parallel editing between Joe and Usama, to show that in some way they are connected and the two main characters the film would go on explore.
  • And also gaining an amazing friendship by working with Eoin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment